Road Home Increased Cost of Compliance

The Road Home Elevation Incentive Award provides $30,000 ($20,000 for mobile homes) to eligible homeowners as an incentive to elevate their homes to meet the local Base Flood Elevation or Advisory Base Flood Elevation. These funds are limited to the specific dollar amount and cannot exceed the Road Home $150,000 maximum. For questions about the Road Home Elevation Incentive Award Program, call Road Home at 1-888-ROAD2LA (1-888-762-3252).

If the time frame for applying for Road Home elevation incentive award has expired, can an applicant reapply for this award?

Road Home applicants who were affected by Hurricanes Gustav or Ike, and/or did not accept the Road Home Elevation Incentive Award because funding was insufficient until the OCD-DRU HMGP began, can apply for an exception to the elevation deadline by sending a letter to:

Attn: Elevation Incentive Program
P.O. Box 94095
Baton Rouge, LA 70801

Anyone determined to be eligible for elevation after December 5, 2008, will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

What ICC is, how it works, and how it is obtained

The National Flood Insurance Program’s Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) program can provide up to $30,000 to eligible policy holders who sustained damage of 50% or more to help pay the costs to bring their home into compliance with their community’s floodplain ordinance. This is administered through the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program). Homeowners should contact their flood insurance provider for additional information.

Who Is Eligible to Claim ICC Money?

You are eligible to claim ICC money on your home if:

  1. SUBSTANTIALY DAMAGED BY A FLOOD (substantially damaged means that repairs will cost 50 percent or more of the building’s pre-damage market value); or be considered a REPETITIVE LOSS STRUCTURE*
  2. You had flood insurance in place on your home at the time of the event
  3. You filed a flood claim following the event

*The community must have a repetitive loss provision in its floodplain management ordinance.

Making A Claim:

Contact your insurance company/agent who wrote your flood policy. He or she will ex¬plain the process and help you.